Ten Offshore Fishing Tips From The Pros
- Always leave your itinerary with someone on-shore so that your trip plans are known. MAKE SURE THEY KEEP YOUR FISHING HOTSPOTS A SECRET UNLESS AN EMERGENCY ARRIVES!
- Never tell people where you are catching groundfish!!!
- Never tell people what lures/bait caught the groundfish!!!
- Always use a little embellishment when telling your fish stories.
- Have FUN!!!
- Now for the tips…Fish the drop offs and have a good fish finder.
- Be prepared to use bait and artificial lures…variety is important.
- Know when to drift, anchor or use a sea anchor.
- Be prepared for BIG fish with a good saltwater rod & reel with at least 375 yards of 80# braided line.
10. Watch the water and learn how to read it.
11. Go to Saco Bay Tackle and support Maine’s Best Saltwater Tackle Shop. They know saltwater fishing.